QNAP has released a timely update to its NAS operating system. This update is specifically designed to make the NAS servers from QNAP more compatible with Windows 8. Smallnetbuilder describes the update:
QNAP has updated its NAS OS to handle Windows 8.
New & enhanced features of Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware include:
- Windows 8 support: supports Internet Explorer 10, SMB/CIFS and FTP protocols, iSCSI target creation, and many of the Turbo NAS utilities such as Qfinder, NetBak Replicator and QGet
- Photo Station: adds multi-photo management function
- Music Station 3: provides music library to easily play terabytes of songs and thousands of Internet radio stations
- Video Station: provides a platform to build a personal video website
- Download Station 3: a 24/7 download center with ease-of-use, download bandwidth control, and the supportive QGet utility
The new OS update enhances some of the other functions of the QNAP NAS servers. Go to QNAP to see all the details.